Thursday, September 25, 2008

Johnny.

June once told me that she doesn't like keeping pets in her house because she believes all animals should be kept free and wild.

We should never domesticate any animals despite the fact that they have already been tamed such as cats and dogs.

I disagreed because the biggest love i could give is to animals. I love animals unconditionally-especially Johnny.

She used to be free and wild. Roaming around the hood looking for food, shelter, water, and companion. She was good alone.

Then I came into her life. Visited her every evening at the park. I patted her, played with her, fed her and as time passes by, she trusted me. She manifested this trust by following me home and never went back to her residing place at the park. Slowly we domesticated her. First through feeding her outside of our house, and then we let her play in our garden and then at night we let her sleep in our garden. Now she has given birth to four puppies in our own home and have made them as our family.

The most horrible thing that one could do is betray someone's solemn trust given to you. Although Johnny is just a dog, but I perceive her as a creature whom have trusted and loved us. But we betrayed her trust.

It was not my intention to do it. It was never my intention to send you away to SPCA but I had to.

Now I feel like I have done the biggest mistake by bringing you home in the first place. I should have let nature dealt with your fate because I believe she knows better than everyone else. My opinion of what's good and bad for you is vacuous compared to what nature holds for you.

I'm sorry that I interfered and now I'm on a crossroad.

Should I interfere into your life again or should I leave you alone now?

If only you could speak Johnny and June, you were hundred percent right.

1 Comments:

Blogger Juney-ling said...

Sometimes, the best way to love someone or something is not necessarily the happiest or easiest way. Sometimes if we really love something so much, we'd take care to leave them free and wild rather than take them in and "love" them in a selfish way. We love our boyfriends and yet we do not keep them solely to ourselves 24/7, we do not keep a leash on them or hold them constantly in our arms. Sometimes the best way to love something is to let it have its own free will and claim no ownership over it - that's how I show my love for nature and animals.

12:16 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home