Monday, February 16, 2009

So what do u think?


What pops inside your mind when you see this picture?


What would you say if I say that this is Madonna twenty years ago?

I'm sure if you didn't know it was Madonna, you wouldn't give a rat ass about this picture except commenting on the massive pubic hair.

But the moment you found out it was Madonna, you will start giving an elephant ass on this picture. Being shock, hysterical, critical, skeptical and what not. I guess its human nature.

But that's not the point right now.

The point is, how do you perceive this picture or more appropriately to me, this work of art?

The first time I lied eyes on it, my brain whirred out a shallow comment which goes like this

"WHO THE FUCK IS THIS NEANDERTHAL?"

Then I said, "WOW, NICE TITS!"

Then I said "Why does she have so much of hair on her body????"

Then Aminah came and said " Wow, she looks classy".

At that moment, it dawned on me that she does look classy in a natural way. No pretenses, no jewelery, no clothes, not much of make-up, and nothing to hide her flaws as well as her beauty.

She looks like a woman. Too many women are obsessed looking perfectly adorned to look beautiful but not many realise that being bare and truly raw once in a while is beautiful too. Let your bare eyes shine when you're happy and let your lips tell the story when you smile. No need for make-up, jewelry. handbags, designer products, perfumes to shout out your personality. Get dressed simply and just shine in your own way.

Let the smell of your shampoo and your soap to become your perfume. Let the colour of your eyes and the colour of your hair to be your crowning glory. Let the smile and the wrinkles on your face speak for yourself. I think it is really refreshing to not take your self seriously once in a while.

The model in this picture is not even looking at the camera in this shot. It is intriguing. It sends out the message that she is not even bothered about how she looks, or if the angle of her body makes her look fat or not. In fact, it makes me think that she doesn't even care if there is someone taking her picture or not, although in reality its the opposite. But in perceiving art, it is not about the reality but it is about how it moves you and inspires you.

And this picture is inspiring- at least to me.

In this picture, she is strong and bold in a feminist way. She deliberately grew out her hair for this picture (I assume and this made her sex-less for months too i think) or maybe she doesn't even have the habit of shaving in the first place, but its without doubt that the gorilla hair was intended. The intention is to serve up to many aims and ideas which i can't fully lay out or fully comprehend. I have my takes on the hair issues but its too long to type it out.

But I just want to know, what do you think of it? = )

1 Comments:

Blogger Fiona Gan said...

the pubic hair is tad bit disturbin lol

1:12 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home