Thursday, November 02, 2006

*sigh*....triple sigh...

I looked at my watch and the time showed half past eight. My plan to bury myself into books distorted as soon as i heard my mom's voice. She shouted " Who would like to follow me to 99 market to buy some milk?". I rushed out of the room and glad that i had some reason to skip "study session". Besides, i am hungry and i need to buy some food I thought to myself feeling slight hungry and energized. I knew studying would just be too difficult while I’m feeling slightly high. Therefore, I went with my mum on a hopeless ride just to gain cheap entertainment. While on the way home, I bought some Nasi Lemak to feed my hungry self.

While eating on the dinner table, mum, dad n bro enjoyed their supper too. Suddenly, dad kicked my feet under the table (as a sign that he would say something untrue and would ask me to agree with him). He said

“We (hazel, Zef, papa, n Suff) went to the botanic house and hazel said she would like to have the room upstairs instead of the room on the ground floor as planned. She said she didn’t like the room, therefore she exchanged with Zefer room and Zefer agreed.

I responded to the fake remark and said “ yeah, she wants the room upstairs. So I agreed to exchange.”

Mum looked at me with disbelief. My dad and I stared at each other n held back our laughter. Dad added fire to coal by exaggerating the same fact n dialogue. My mum got pretty angry as she doesn’t like her daughter to be taken advantage of and started being sarcastic.

She said “It’s okay Zefer, it doesn’t matter. Let your BELOVED( she stressed on it) siblings pick whichever room they want first and you’ll just take whichever room is empty. You have got to respect your brothers and sisters. They are typical malays, always fight among their siblings for property. Let them be. Besides you’re going to Oz next year, so you don’t really need a room”, she ended her speech with much sarcasm and pretence.

My dad responded quickly by saying “ Since when I’m letting you go to Oz?”

Mum stared with disbelief at my dad and said “What? She is not going? Why can’t she go?”

“She can’t go unless she has proven me worthy through her Spm results. Why should I send her to Oz to waste my money if she cannot study and score her Spm? It’s like I’m sending Mamat (my gardener) to Oz and study” retorted Dad.

I was taken aback and tears swelled up in my eyes. “But I really want to go”, I answered weakly.

“You give me 6 or 7 A’s first then only you can go”, dad snapped back.

I picked up my plate quietly, threw the leftover into the dustbin and walked up to my room with sheer disappointment but along with strong determination. Dad has somehow injected spirit for me to prove him wrong, but deep down inside I know I’ll never be able to prove him wrong. I have only 20 more or less days to study and I have lots more to catch up. I resorted to plan b.

Just study in Sunway for a year, then afterward fly off to Oz. At the back of my head, I imagined Pooi yee’s face felled with disappointment and Michelle’s face in utter shock.

Yes people, u read it correctly. I might not be able to go to Oz next year. I’m Sorry from the bottom of my heart, in fact I am working hard to prove my dad wrong. Instantly, as I got into my room, I sat down to study. I hope I would be able to achieve 7a’s. Wish me luck guys and I’m really sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home