Friday, December 14, 2007

For Mum.

She is always misunderstood and that is because she always speaks her mind. Her words may be hurtful but I always find her to be better than the other person who always hide in the shadow and scrutinize for afar.

I criticize her too, and many have heard me say she needs to go to rehab and she is the worst mother in the world, but deep down inside I know she really cares. That is why I say it out loud without embarrassment, because I have came to terms with her problems and flaws.

I understand her problems, her addictions, her needs, her history and her mentality. I have come to terms with every single detail and actions she brings into the daily platter. Even so, I don't back her up when she messes up neither do I go against her at those times. I won't hide my dissatisfaction with a pretentious smile, but I will tell her out loud that she is being lousy and she is causing problems. I scream at her in public too and sometimes I even close the door on her face when she is acting irrational. That's me. When I love you, I give u my wrath and my love. As simple as that.

So who is being the bad guy here? I am the bad guy to my mum when I scream in her face and I am the bad guy to my siblings when I support her in her time of needs . I am basically- Neutral. This is how love supposed to be. Doesn't mean when you love someone, you back them up in every single situation nor you embellish them with words of praises and sometimes even dilute the truth with those sweet words of yours.

You have to be fair and neutral. So my dear sisters, I am not telling you to see the other light, but I am just imploring you to be understanding and fair. Take her as she is and not less or more.

She may not be perfect and she may have said words of dagger, but after all the chaos and the misunderstanding, she lets everything go. She embraces you into her arms again after all the mishaps and the hurtful words you have uttered. In this game with her, there is no such game as the Malay game. If you are not happy, say it straight to her face- That is her style. If you are not happy with her, but shy yourself away from her and expect her to reconcile, it will never happen.

Grow up and see that nothing in this world is picture perfect.Even Bree who epitomizes the perfect housewife, also has problems of her own. So I'd say, wake up and smell reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home