Thursday, October 11, 2007

Liberation. Where art thou?

Liberation. Where are you liberation when I need you most? I've missed you. I feel empty and trapped without you. Did I lose you because of my own actions or did you leave me?

Liberation means To set free, as from oppression, confinement, or foreign control. Liberation to me means I have the right to do anything and everything I want as long as it doesn't cross the "boundaries". I can go out in the middle of night without telling anyone about it; that's my liberation. I can date a guy but still have the right to befriend whoever I want, doesn't matter if he or she likes me even more than a friend should; that is liberation to me.

When I do any of these liberating actions, I do not expect any objections because I belong to me! I am mine and not yours. I can be flexible and tolerating, but when I expect something not to be questioned or be ruffled, I EXPECT IT TO BE THAT WAY. When my expectations are respected and understood by someone that I love; that too is a liberation of choice for me.

So tell me, If i proceed into life with these principles because I believe my life to be solely mine, is this disrespectful? Is it rude to you?

If I am in a relationship (there are many non-spoken rules and principles), and I intent on being this way, is it rude or disrespectful? I don't ask for much, but I ask to have a few moments in my life where I don't have to share any single detail of my outing with you, and why I went out the house at 6 am in the morning without telling you, and why I sleep on the couch instead of sleeping with you on the bed. Those little minor things are liberation to me. I just feel like doing them on impulse, and I expect you to understand.

Is it rude to make a decision without taking you into consideration just because we are in a relationship and everything in a relationship meant to be shared? Is it too much to ask for a little space and a little room void of doubts and questions? I just want to do the things I want without having to ask anyone beforehand and without having anyone questioning me afterwards.

Is it too much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home