Sunday, March 04, 2007

India part 1

I am back! After 2 weeks!....

Im sure all of u want to know about my vacation in India, but im not going to tell u about every places that i've been and its history. its too boring, but i'll tell u the highlights (highlights for me lah) in India.

India to me stands for intricate, nostalgic, and different. Some who have been there, cant wait to get back home, meanwhile some would want to prolong their stay in India.

When u hear the word India, the words you come across in your mind would be dirty, people whom u cant trust and dangerous. India has some part of that, but if you were to compare India in all that sense, you would not be able to capture its essence and beauty.

India is just unpredictable. Thats the word for it.

But the highlight for me in India is Kashmir. I've always read about Kashmir, and how nostalgic it is. Every word that I've read in that book is true.

The people are so friendly and most of them are Muslims. So when they heard that I am Muslim, they were so delighted. The people are very good natured, easy to approach and mainly HILARIOUS. The way they approach to sell things to you and they words that they say are hilarious. To me of course.

The guy on the furthest left corner in called Jon Muhammad if I'm not mistaken. He is hilarious. He got excited too when i told him I am a Muslim. He sold me lots of accessories.

The first thing that came to my mind when i reached Kashmir was Switzerland. It's like the Switzerland of the east, with its beautiful lakes, mountains, snow and surroundings. But somehow to me, Kashmir is more exotic and rare compared to Swiss, so swiss could never come close to Kashmir as its richer in history and more genuine. The pic below shows the houseboat thats scatters on Dal-Lake. Houseboats are decorated home-like and it floats on the water. On each houseboat, there would be some sort called "butlers" who would cater to your needs and provide great hospitality.

The caretakers that I've met are so warm of people. Before i forget, i have to say something else too. Kashmir is blessed with the handsomest people. The guys are gorgeous! They are all blessed with big brown eyes with lashes that could melt any foreign heart. Their eyebrows are lustrous but neatly arranged. Noses that are so high and straight along with a smile that are so pearly white but natural. Even the guys who clean the toilet or clean drains are so good looking that you could overlook all thier flaws. I am dead serious.

I've been to Saudi Arabia and no guy could come close to how good looking these people are. I've been to Europe and none attracts my attention. These people have all the heavenly features. Besides they are so fair and have pink cheeks. Can u imagine it? When i was in Kashmir it was like, GUYS HEAVEN THERE FOR ME! That is what i call, cuci mata!

Kashmir has the beauty of mother nature and of course of its people. I, as a Cancerian, have eyes and a weak spot for Beauty. Kashmir, serves its purpose as a Paradise. I've fallen in love with Kashmir for every reason. If i were to talk about every goodness of that place, i wouldn't stop, because everything about Kashmir is captivating.



This is the view from my houseboat early in the morning. Behind, are the mountains of Gulmarg and on the lake are the houseboats and gondolas that serves the purpose as water taxies.

In Kashmir or as i call it Paradise, I've been to only its gardens, shopping areas, mountains and creeks. The second day, we went to Gulmarg. It's 2 hours away by taxi, from Srinagar (the capital of Kashmir and also the place where we stay). It's a place for skiing and other snow activities. It is so beautiful from afar, as the mountains are covered with sheets of snow.


When we actually got up on Gulmarg, it was farking cold. As i quote Kah Mun " Now u know why i hate winter, it so bloody cold".We even had a ride on its Cable car which were powered only by generators because the electricity got cut off during that time. So it was as slow as a snail, and sometimes on the journey, the cable car would stop half-way hanging in the middle of the cliff. Scary wei..and sometimes it would sway from left to right. *shudders*


When we got up on the other end, it got even colder and i don't know why. Guess coz its higher in altitude i guess. However, we got to stay only for five minutes after that.


Thats the pic of me. Was freezing that time.

By later afternoon, we made our journey back to Srinagar to the wings of comfort in the humble houseboat.

The day after, we made our journey to Pahalgum. I was not comfortable at the thought of that bcoz it's quite dangerous in Pahalgum as it is near to the border of Pakistan and a lot of war had erupted in that area. On the way there too, there were lots of soldiers and army on the field and roads. It was pretty scary, but once I've gotten to Pahalgum, it was nothing scary actually. That place is popular because of its river. On every spring the people there would go for trout fishing.


In that place, i went for horse back riding and sight seeing. It was so beautiful that i made a vow to myself that i would have to come back to Kashmir and Pahalgum again. I fell in love with the creek and imagined myself fishing there

I took some pics but the pic did no justice to that place. It is 10 times much vibrant and beautiful than the pic.



I was so disappointed as i couldn't capture its true beauty in photograph. Even in winter, Paradise is already beautiful, but imagine it in summer with flowers blossoming everywhere, with patches of green prairies and lush maple trees everywhere. Apples tress are planted everywhere, i just wish i could see it lush with green leaves and sweet red apples during the summer.

I just hope i could come to the Mughal garden during the summer for picnics and i could watch the sunset in Dal lake during the dusk. I just wish i could capture its beauty again without having time creeping up on my mind and without having to think about life again.

If i were to be given a choice to either live in a city or a country side forever, i would choose country side, but only if it were Kashmir and not anywhere else.

That is how nostalgic Paradise is to me.

Besides the place, the people give me some kind of excitement too. When i came back to the houseboat i have a hottie to watch. When i am on the road, i have other hotties to look out for too. While with the tour , i have the cute tour guide to look at too. These people gave me the rush.

There is this one caretaker in my houseboat and he is called Imran. He's 22 and still studying. During winter, he has winter break therefore he comes to his uncle's houseboat for a part time job. I didn't dare to talk to him on the first day but i did try talking to him on the second day. After the first time we chatted, we chatted till midnight. He told me he loves photography and showed me all the beautiful pictures he took in Kashmir. He's fluent in 4 languages, esp in
Urdu and he read lots of book about Kashmir. Therefore he can tell me lots of things about Kashmir. He's just a gentle guy with a sweet temper to match.



Thats is his picture. He's not photogenic and it's such a shame coz Kah Mun and i agree that he is so much better looking live. hehehe

When we parted, we exchanged numbers, and u know what? He just called me just now from Kashmir. He really made my day...He sets me out in cloud nine. haih..It might be love...ehehe

Then there is Amin. He's not good looking but he's rich in height. He's tall but has a brain of a caveman. Pretty silly at times but he's a playful guy. Imran always call him Aminah and he always react to it. Since the second day, everybody started calling him Aminah. He's 20 and engaged. He is getting married soon in July! 4th of July to be exact!...hehe He calls Imran Ema sometimes and they are used to it. Such a wierd couple.


That is him with me...

Then there is this other guy on the tour with me. He's the tour guide. He's 19 and like Imran he is also having winter break. He has a smile of K-fed , which is a sharp smile. Overall, he is so good looking until he knows that himself. We exchanged details and his e-mail is aadil_handsome007....so vain rite? But he's nice...not very good in English though but he's just so hot that i feel like taking him home with me. i cant keep my eyes off him. I took his pic secretly for the pleasures of my hungry eyes.

Thats him in the middle...looking blur! it was so hard to make him smile!

Again in pics, Kashmirians are not photogenic. I have no idea why but i guess thats a gift. You cant truly appreciate their beauty until u r near to them. I guess its about every little details on their faces that make them so good looking. Again, with their thick eyelashes and beautiful brown eyes. Their straight nose and lovely pearly smile.....haih...I'm melting now...

Then then, there is this one guy i met in a shop. I don't know how old is he, but he speaks with his beautiful eyes. I can still remember the curve of his eyes and the shade of his eyes, because it was only his eyes that spoke to me.

He is tall and has center parting soft hair. Haih..he's damn cute too lah...

I was buying an ashtray and he was quite shocked to see me buying ashtrays as girls don't smoke in Kashmir. He stood next to me and asked do i smoke. So i said no i dont, but its for my sister. And he kept on talking to me and while talking, he never took his eyes away from my eyes. He did not break the eye contact at all, and oh my, how mesmerized i was by his eyes. His eyes are so warm and how i wish i could lay my eyes again on those eyes. He's really fine and he knows how to talk to a girl without looking at anywhere else, u know what i mean by anywhere else. Some guys when they talk, they look at your boobs, but the guys there are so respectful.

For example, i was talking to Imran, and he was showing me pictures from his hand phone. We had to sit quite near, but he tried his best not to make contact. Besides, all the guys there do all the labour work, meanwhile woman stay at home and become housewives. Women do work, but only in offices. Its quite different in Delhi, even women do labour work there. I find everything seems to be traditional there, but everybody is entitled and treated with equal rights. Even the females. So i am quite glad.

Besides they have lots of stray dogs there, and something came as comforting to me eventhough Kashmirians are mostly Muslims, they never hurt the dogs. They just let them be. Unlike so called Muslims in Malaysia and Indonesians who claim themselves to be religious but kill dogs mercilessly.

I too asked Imran about Gays. He said they are quite many gays there, but they looked at it in the sense that they are good friends. They never make noise about it as they don't like to stir fights and chaos. Besides that, most of the army forces in Kashmir are Indians. None of the Kashmirians volunteered to be soldiers as they hate and try to avoid fights as much as possible. One more point to add is, Kashmirians do not like to be called Indians as they are two different people. Thats why they have thier own language which is called Kashmiri.


Then there is another tour guide in Delhi who comes from Kashmir. He's name Latif and quite old. He ages around 33. He lacks height of course, but he's good looking. U cant see it in pics, but he has nice round eyes, that is light brown in colour. He has a nice smile and every time he laughs he always has his tongue behind his teeth, smiling like a small kid. Besides he is gifted with strong muscular arms and i could see those muscles clearly when it moves. I think any sex addict like Xia Xue could imagine herself being swept away by his strong arms and broad chest. Haih.....But mind u he is so not good looking in pics. Kashmirians are like that i guess...

And, he has my same birth date. He was born on the 20th of July!...horray!..i had to go all the way to India to find someone who has the same birth date as me!.....




See! we are even doing the same thing without even realizing it! tsk cancerians are so alike!

Thats the end of my post on India part 1. to be continued..

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home