Monday, May 21, 2007

Police report means its a police report. Dont you thick skull people get it?

Just read my previous post and oh boy, there were lots of spelling mistakes..hehe! Didnt have any effort to correct it when you're depressed.

Anyways...About the lady whom i " knocked" into yesterday. She called me up early in the morning and asked how am I going to settle the problem. So I told her make a police report and she said "buat police report ah? u sure ah?"

Ya of course I am sure dummy. I was left light hearted and smiling afterwards when she hung up the phone. To my horror she called me up again and said " u sure u mau buat report? If you make a report you would have to pay 300 ringgit and I will use your insurance money u know."

"Yeah I know, but my father said I would have to make a report. He wont support me."

She said fine then she hung up. Then she called me up again and say " You're a young girl you know, I do not want to make a report and you wouldn't be able to drive. Besides, it is very costly to change my bumper and everything coz my car is a Honda City".

I have no idea why she told me that! If she tells me that its expensive, surely i rather pay Rm300 compound money to the police then paying thousand over for your stupid bumper rite?

Then I said, "I'll go and check with my dad since it involves my lisence". She then said, "ok I'll check how much it cost for my car then I'll call you back".

Then the husband calls and tells me " If you make a report rite, then its very hassling. A lot of work to do. You also have to pay 300 and it effects you insurance very badly. N you wont be able to drive. Give me your father's phone number and I'll talk to him. I pity you, because it will effect you badly".

"Fine, you don't have to talk to my dad, I'll call him myself and talk to him about it".

She then called again " Siti, sorry to disturb ah but i just called the insurance company and I checked that your bla bla bla will turn zero and bla bla bla..."

I couldnt make out what she said but I know it was regarding the insurance thingy. So i said "I've just checked and I will be able to drive. They will deduct points only from my lisence by I will still drive."

"owh really ah? I din know about that, but you see my niece experienced an accident before and I know when she wanted to renew her lisence she had to sit for a test again"

What lie is that? How dare she makes up such story I thought.

"Im not sure about it but i will tell you soon in half-an hour" I said.

After that I called my brother and had a discussion. I decided to pay her RM 250 to fix her bumper.

I called her up and said ok I will pay you Rm 250 cause I'm a student you see, my father wont support me and stuff.

She said Okay and she said " I will pay the rest. But you know how much the bumper cost ah? It cost me around Rm 700 ringgit tau. It's okay, you pay how much that you can and I'll pay the rest."

Sounds so fishy rite? It costs Rm700 but she said she will accept my Rm250.

I din have a good feeling during Maths class. I feel like lawfully I am not liable to pay Rm250. We should both make a police report if we want to settle it coz thats what the insurance is for. To cover up damages.

So I told my brother to act as my dad and tells her I want to make a police report. To my horror, my brother told her to bring her car to a mechanic and see how much it cost. After that she has to call him and inform him about it. He said if its expensive we'll make police report, and if it's payable we'll see to it.

My brother insisted that I pay but he doesnt get my point. Lawfully I am correct, and I know she wont make a police report coz she will lose much more, and that is also the reason why she kept on calling me to talk me out of reporting to the police.

I waited for her to call so that we could come up to a decision. But it has been 4 hours since she called and its already 3.30 pm. If we want to lodge a report, we have only a few hours left till its 6 o'clock which would be the time of the incident.

My brother called her up at 4 and asked her about the car. She said it costs her only around Rm288 and I can take however long I want to pay her back.

Where did she get the thoughts that I want to pay her? To my horror my brother said that I will pay her the money.

I had no more time to waste as Katheryn's mum was already waiting for her outside of coll and her phone is the only source of communication for me. I called her up with Katheryn's no (I ran out of credit) and said " Our family has discussed and we made up our mind to make a police report".

She said " First you kata you mau bayar, then you tak mau. Kenapa you main main? Sudah pukul 4.30 pm baru mau call?" She cursed at me and slammed the phone.

Wahlau this lady is too much....

I said so myself in the morning that I would want to make a police report, she didnt to listen.

When we asked her to call back so that we could make a decision, she did not call back . We had to call her back. So who's fault is it that we have to make a decision around 4.30 pm?

Too bad for her lah...I felt guilty but when I think about it, it's true what my dad says. Why do we want to be bullied and pushed around by people? If lawfully you are right, then you do not have to do anything more or less. It is only the Malaysian style that you pay compensation money when you collide into an accident. So the law is the law lady..so live with it. If you didn't want to make a police report even though you have hours to call back and a few hours after to lodge a report, then its not my fault that you lost your money.

But if I were to be in her spot also, I will feel reluctant to lodge a report. So what to do? I am confused myself. But she was being sly herself trying to talk me out of lodging a report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home