Monday, June 18, 2007

God! Help my soul!

It is easy to compete with others. Emotions like jealousy, fear being dubbed as losers, or simply being fiery could make you pick a suitable candidate to be your competitor. For example, in each arena of my of life, I could pick up a competitor accodording to my own eyes, and compete with her/him silently. If I think she is somewhat like me, who has the same capacity in that certain arena, I would pick her out as an opponent and I would compete. If he/she does better in something, I will definitely keep track of her progress and I will try to become better.

I.e : In secondary school, I have a girl whom I thought has the same intelligence capacity to excel in academics. Silently, I record down her performance and eyed her every movement. In the end she left school after PMR.

I.e : In sports, I am lagi lagi KIASU! So kiasu until its so easy for you to hate me. Everybody is my competitor. Even the ones in my own team. What to do...It's something that I like.

But what about competing against yourself? You keep on wanting to do better, you keep on wanting for a better result, you keep on wanting to do the best that you can. Competing with myself is the hardest task I've ever tried to do.

I can't fight the devil in me. I sink in my own vices. I listen to my own misleading voices. When the alarm clock goes off, I continue to sleep. When I know I'm already late, I still take my time to shampoo my hair, and when I know I've not been touching my books for 3 weeks I still blog and talk on the phone for hours.

Why am I so weak to myself? Why can't I stop from over-indulging myself and since when "Ignorance is bliss" has become my motto and tagline?

Why couldn't I care a shit anymore? This is a serious syndrome. Had it for SPM and I regretted it. Having it for A-levels but nothing is changing.

Discipline is the answer. But what if discipline has been non-existent since the day you were born? I live in a family where we are discipline-less. We love indulging ourselves.

I hope God will save my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home