Sunday, June 10, 2007

Wonderful food.

I have not been home for days as I have been staying in Hazel's house. Hazel's house means no food. To acquire food someone would either have to buy the ingredients and cook or if you prefer the fastest way just call and order. Or not just drive the car out and try your luck to find cheap and tasty food stalls which they have none in Damansara. This is the only reason why i adore Klang ; lots of chinese tasty cheap food stalls scattered on busy dirty klang road. Hence comes my idea that Klang people are the best eaters. They know every crook and cranny to find the best food. Besides our land is blessed with heavenly as well as orgasmic seafood and of course the ever sinful oily Bak Kut Teh.

Mamaks are also everywhere. In other word ubiquitous (just trying to make full use of my limited vocab). It's hard to find mamak in Damansara. If I do find one it's not as good as the famous one in klang which is called Modern. I am sure all u klang-nian agree with me that Modern is the tastiest mamak around, and not to be fogotten the cheapest too.

Recommendation: The tandoori chicken is to die for. Give it a try! *delicious*

Anyways in Damansara, it is dumped with high class expansive cafe's or restaurants that doesn't live up to it's prices. One bowl of pasta Rm22, or one plate of sandwich causes me around Rm12. Haiyoo damn expensive. It's not that tasty anyways. It's only expensive because it comes in big portion but who could eat it all up when it tasted so plain and grey (I couldn't find anymore adjective to describe it).

Mamak in damansara is pretty bad as I have mentioned before. All I can conclude is this: In damansara every place is decent but the food is really really costly and it doesn't taste good at all. Besides it's hard to find real Malaysian food such as Laksa, or chicken rice or Claypot Yee Mee in Damansara. To eat such food I would have to go to Hartamas Square and the price is just Okay-Okay. Not to be forgotten the nearest and biggest foodstall to my sis's apartment is the food court in Midvalley (so far as I know of). Probably, to find good and cheap eatery it would be in KL. However, thinking about traffic jam, sesatness and difficult parking spot I'd rather starve.

I miss my filthy polluted Klang because of the food! Food Food Food! You would have to live in Klang to experience this appreciation for food! They are also so so so cheap! To my point of view the best place to eat is in Klang. U jakun non-klang-nian would have to come here and I'll direct you to best eateries.

Note: Proabably you've not known this, but I just love foodstalls! No foodstall meaning no life. Therefore Damansara lacking of foodstall = lacking of life to Zefer. I become flaccid and languid in Damansara. I am no longer spoilt for choice.

Besides I just hate these high class expensive eateries. I don't know why but they are not my cup of tea. Call me a trishaw puller or a cina-pek, but i love going to crowded food stalls and putting one leg up on the chair with my hand on it and the other hanging down. You know like the one you see uncles do in Kopitiam? Yeap thats the one. Sometimes I even prefer sitting cross-legged on those plastic chairs. The whole picture is not complete unless Zefer could guffaw out loud and talk in high-pitched voice. That is enjoyment to me. Good food, crowded foodstall and hooligan-ish manners. Muahahaha I just love the picture. Wait wait! It is not complete yet till Yeong Ren opens up his mouth and crack me up with some stoopid jokes.

To Yeong Ren: Dei when r we going for our eating expedition again? I am losing weight already! We must become the Klang-nian that we are! haha

At last I am home based. Never knew how much i miss the sight of Klang. I missed the busy Indian street, the stupid long traffic light, the dusty sight of Klang. Klang holds this old charm. It's not dirty but it's not as clean and well planned as Damansara or KL (kl???). It's just like Penang. Small, congested with cars, and lined with old buildings. You can take the girl out of Klang but you can never take Klang out of the girl. Klang is my childhood. I have been living here all my life man! How can I not miss this underworld?

I just came up with another theory as I popped a small cubic heavenly brownie into my mouth. My sis in law loves to bake 'em and give some to me as she knows how much I loveeeeee it. It's so unique. Besides it's grade A chocolate brownie. No compromisation (is there such a word) on the quality and the taste. It is all hundred percent CHOCOLATE.

Anyways, as I was eating it I thought I could pack some for Roy to taste and soon the image of being a good wife came to my mind. I imagined myself cooking with lots of love for my future to be soul mate (dun get me wrong, this soul mate could be anyone and not only Roy okay?) and I thought how I would be a great cook. I am gifted with great cooks as family members (but not be forgotten zany and disfunctional too). My grandma was a meticulous cook. She strips fish a certain way, cook the rice with certain techniques and even cut the bawangs with certain ways. She doesn't compromise on quality and mainly because my Grandpa is a fussy eater. He needed the food to be of a standard before he could eat it.

She passed down the recipe to my Mum and my Mum being a gifted naturally-talented cook fired away all pots and pans to creat gastronomical Malay dishes. She is in my opinion the best person to ask for Malay dishes' recipes.

Then there is my dad. He is not a good cook but he loves to cook. He will create something out of anything. Pretty much creative but sometimes his food tasted gibberish.

Then I have Hazel who could be my partner in cooking and my sis in law is a natural born baker. She bakes the best cheesecake, brownies, and cookies. I used to remember when I was really young and whenever I see her face I think of cookies. I'll beg and plead for cookies! She will of course bake the cookies for me!

So there! If you have ever wondered why Zefer is so plump or obese (up to your liking but personally I find myself curvaceous) , I guess I have justified your questions with the reasons above. Don't you wish you could be like me? Muahahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home