Saturday, July 21, 2007

Beliefs

Have your mind ever been so messed up and blur till a familiar word like belief doesn't make any sense to u anymore? Sometimes you know that word so well but when you look it up in the dictionary, it actually means differently from what you thought it was supposed to be. I always here the word belief. The frequency of its usage is so often that I do not need to look at the dictionary to know its meaning. However, I'm questioning the real meaning of belief now. I don't know what it means anymore so i looked it up and it means

1. The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in another: My belief in you is as strong as ever.
2. Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something: His explanation of what happened defies belief.
3. Something believed or accepted as true, especially a particular tenet or a body of tenets accepted by a group of persons.

Belief is a noun and believe is a verb. I know...Like duh...everyone knows that. The act of believing plays such a vital role in your life. It makes who you are today. Like a terrorist, their beliefs in Jihad is so real and true to them that it makes them kill thousand of people without regret and conscience. Sometimes, because of their beliefs they are ready to sacrifice themselves. The act of believing is so powerful . How can I ever take it lightly last time...

Now my belief lies on one person. How ever much anger he has caused me and how ever much a person has told me of his real intention, I still want to believe him. Sometimes, we make ourselves believe in something because we want to. The idea of believing on that certain thing is so comforting that we exclude other possibilities that it might be a lie, or that thing might be harmful, or that thing is no good for you. That's how we have god. Some believe god is non-existent and some believe god is solid and real. That is also how we get rumours to start spreading like fire. It is because the people want to believe that saucy hot gossip is real. The reason again also coz it's comfortable to learn of somebody's misfortune.

I am digressing here. But the problem is this. Somebody might (stress on the word might coz nothing is confirmed) be playing with my heart and my mind. He may be no good for me. Sometimes he's not good to me too. But I really want to believe that deep down inside, he cares for me and that he loves me. Probably he has other things on his mind that is distracting him. That's all. Can I say I'm living in denial? Can you say I'm creating an illusion just to comfort myself? Just to protect myself from the real truth? Or is the sense of belief comes straight from my gut telling me that it is the real truth. No doubt. That is the real truth. Not an illusion at all. It is just the amazement that you get whenever you see a wife or a girlfriend who is so truthful to her violent beating bf/husband. We always say, leave him while you can. But they still refuse and sooner or later you give up hope on her. It's like having a friend who is in a love with a jerk. She knows that he is a jerk but she can't shake him off. She still wants to believe that he will change.

Some people keep on believing in their own lies until at one point, they break! They stop believing and turn a new leaf. Should I too take a risk and keep on believing till I break? Maybe I should, maybe I shouldn't. But thats what human nature is like, we will never learn our lesson till we get burnt. We never learn without feeling the sensation pain. Each one of us are a romantic deep down inside, it only depends on how far your heart wanna take you. It all depends on how deep your belief runs in you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home