Thursday, July 05, 2007

Im learning how to play a.....

Guitar!.........

I played clarinet for my school band and failed miserably. Couldn't play a full song and I sound like squitwert (is that how you spell his name?) from SpongeBob when he plays it.

I tried piano and quited after 1 month.

So here I am again trying my hands on another musical instrument. Hope I won't give up on this one. I already know how to play the four chords G, E minor, D, C!

Tau main je lar tapi nak tukar tukar chord dengan secara professionalnya. .......jangan harap lah! hahaha

The most shocking thing happened was my dad who played the guitar like a pro yesterday. He took up the guitar and said I used to play guitar when I was younger. I rolled my eyes and said yeah yeah I'm sure u have.

Do u know why I did that to him? It's because he loves creating stories where it makes him look like a pro and a champion. Embellishing himself lah...He used to go to oxford lah, used to stay in Russia lah, used to be a debate champion lah but forgetting that fact he told me he comes from a small town kampung called Mersing and never have gone to a Uni.

But to my horror, he played the guiter like a pro. Flicking the guitar strings like Santana and changing from chords to chords fluently. COOL DUDE...

I guess if my dad could play guitar then maybe I could since it runs in the blood just like Norah Jones and her dad Ravi Shankar despite their tempestuous relationship. Norah said that playing the guitar is a totally different experience and she loves playing it eventhough she can't play it so well. See it runs in the blood. I do not know why I am typing these things when I have maths to do. Tsk tsk tsk....So anyone do u have any old guitar books to lend me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home