Monday, August 20, 2007

Acceptance.

Acceptance. Seems like a small word but it does wonders to your life.

When you accept your flaws and strengths, you are contented with yourself. No more hoping and wishing to be wiser, funnier or thinner cause you know everyone is different and unique. SO you are happier.

When you accept someone's apology, you accept their wrong doing towards you. You are no longer filled with anger and hatred. Therefore it makes you a better person.

When you have accepted the harshness of reality, you'll create a sanctuary of your own to retreat from all the haphazardness in the world.

When you accept your mistakes and your losses, you will no longer feel like a loser because you've learned every human makes mistakes. Then you can move on to repair your damages and set more energy for a better future.

I may or may not have made a mistake. That mistake has resulted in a lost of someone who I think is a waste to lose. Someone that I think I shouldn't be losing due to my insecurities. But I've lost him and I know it's impossible to get him back. I thought I've moved on and so did everyone else, but every night before I go to bed I feel a sense of lost and I feel stupid for losing that someone.

But I've forgotten that I'm only human and still so young and that I am bound to do a mistake or two. Sometimes I forget to remind myself that in every misfortune there is a blessing. Like how they say when there is a door closed, there will be a window opened.

So maybe I should learn to accept my mistake and my lost, but sometimes accepting is the hardest thing to do. Maybe I should try and try even harder because I know there is nothing else I can do but let go.

I've realised that when you don't accept things around you, you'll be greedy and disgruntled. Once you're in that state, nothing is satisfactory and the world seems unfair to you. We pine for what we can't have, that's why we are always unhappy.

It's high time for me to accept the reality, stand up and walk ahead into to future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home