Saturday, August 04, 2007

Would you want to go to Mars?

A friend of mine laid down this scenario to me once and it goes like this ; "Imagine the world is coming to an end and the world is just not a place suitable to live on anymore. But alongside this disaster, the Americans have found new technologies to create a living in Mars. They have found ways to provide food, water, oxygen and make it similar to earth. But there is a condition, they will only bring Americans up to Mars to live and the rest of the world's population would just have to come up with their own technology to fly up to Mars and live there on their own. What would you do? How would you feel?" he said.

At first I felt the bite of injustice. I felt angry and I felt helpless. After some time, sense started creeping in. In the end I thought hey! God put us on earth for a reason and not in Mars and Pluto simultaneously. I guess the idea of living in Mars may seem possible to achieve but wasn't it the same with cloning? Theoretically speaking it may seems easy to accomplish but in real life things aren't that easy. Things will never be the same. I guess I rather die than go up to mars and become a totally different breed of human being. God I can't imagine that.

It makes us look like rats. We become science specimens. We look like rats who are trying to defy our nature for the sake of survival. When we fight for the sake of survival so badly it makes us look like rodents and pest. Mutating and evolving to suit the environment around us. We may become the result of evolution but every species stop evolving at a certain level. Why are we so afraid of death? Why do we think we're immortal and that we'll never be one of the soil? Funny how we humans think we can conquer everything even death and god.

This is only my perspective. You can fight among the Americans to go to Mars if you want to but I rather die in the place where my ancestors and I have been given birth into. Call me conventional, I just don't care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home