Monday, August 06, 2007

Feeling lucky to be lucky.

I was sitting on Terri's sofa and watching tv when a conversation between Junah and June started. They discussed about discriminatory matters that happened world wide starting from Europe and across the globe. Each country has experienced traumatic experiences caused by inhuman actions by monsters disguising as humans.

They talked of the Holocaust where many many Jew were tortured and killed. Then there were the disabuse of power by the Argentinian Police officers who victimised young girls by raping them, dragging them away from their shelters and shoot them. Apart from that we have the Khmer Rouge which based in Cambodia and ran its policy on dictatorship. They stripped away the rights of the Cambodians and as well as foreigners to live. I did not know there were also chaos happening in Russia but the condition in Russia is considerably safe. Then there is of course the war happening in the middle east countries that have crushed million of young kid's dream to achieve something great in their life. Their lives are so haunted by killings, war and hatred until I cannot imagine how they could still have hopes to become a doctor and a lawyer. If I were to lay down every single injustices done in the world I would not be able to stop. I just can't stop asking myself why we humans have the atrocity to do this? How can we turn so monstrous? Why do inflict pain on each other?...I have always been aware of them but I can't never feel it's pain until now.

There are so many ugliness in the world but I've failed to see them. They were so many of them that I've turned a blind eye to and yet I think the world is a place full of daisies, birds and sunshine. I have been living in a shell for all my life. It really struck me deep when I think how would it feel to be like the Palestinians who don't have a place to call home? How would it feel to live in constant fear that your life might be taken away from you any second? How would it feel having to suppress all your emotions when you are on the brink of insanity? How would it feel to be in their positions? It's beyond my capacity to feel their pain, therefore I feel fortunate.

With so many brutality happening around the world and taking place everyday I can't help but feel lucky and blessed. I am in living in a peaceful country yet I complain about it. I am living in a nice family with a good income and yet I complain about not getting to go clubbing. Knowing how fast human beings can spark chaos and destruction I can't help but to live in fear. I fear of that one day where someone takes away my rights and turn my world into an ugly place to live.

I am so fortunate to be at the right place, at the right time and with the right people. I will go to sleep today with a satisfied smile on my face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home