Wednesday, May 02, 2007

always a fallout but not a happy ending.

Something rather unexpected happen. After spending relentless effort to find ring ring card in all 7-11 franchise, I finally got my hand on one in the nearest Giant mall. According to the guy, its not ring ring card, its called italk. Aha...no wonder i couldnt get any ring ring card. In effort to find the ring ring card, i stumbled upon some Sabahans who accosted me, but I deliberately ignored them. The result of such foolishness is, a group Sabahan hooligans gathering around my car and the leader sitting on the bonnet. Scary...

However, upon acquiring the ring ring card i cant wait for the clock needle to strike 30 past 11, to dial the one and only Kashmiri number that I have and that same number get me all excited and nervous whenever i receive a call from that blessed land. The conversation turned sour when he asked me " What do you think about marriage?"

Huh? marriage? why of all things do u ask me about the ever perplexing topic of marriage? I hate that topic, i don't believe in marriage and I know my answers could never suit yours. He told me once he wants to get married at the age of 26 and he's 21 this year. Haih...

I gave a little laugh to brush off the topic and said "I dont like marriage, and I want to get married when I am old" in a light tone and manner.

He in returned exclaimed " owh my god, when you're old?"

"yeah, when im old, and youngest probably 28? what about you?"

He said "probably i'll get married after my college".

"Why don't you ask your mum to find you a nice kashmiri girl to get married with?"

"Why are you saying this? What about you?" he asked me.

"If you were to wait for me, it would be the next ten years and you would be 31. It would be too long or it just seems impossible. Just get married if you want and don't take account of me. But I still love to be your good friend (corny i know)" i said tenderly to soften the harsh words.

It didn't work, he just kept quiet. I asked him why is he being so silent, he just replied "I have nothing to say or more like I don't know what word to say. I am just shocked".

There you go my dear, a perfect example of a culture clash. I knew this fling would never last but I just didn't expect it to end this way. Then the line got cut. Tried calling him but nobody answered the call. I gave out a big sigh and put down the phone.

I gave him a text message saying "I love and do care for you, but i just don't want to stop you from doing the very thing that you want to do. I want you to be happy. I want to give you lots of choices and freedom, and I dont want to be the barrier in between. I'm trying to be frank and I don't want to hide anything from you. I just hope I could still have this friendship" and he replied nothing back.

Regret sank in along with the harsh reality. I thought I could forever be lost in the Kashmiri dream of mine, but I know I have been fooling myself for far to long. I just like the idea of him but not him and his mind. I just love having the thought of him but not the commitment. Realisation sank in and my guts told me I would never hear anything from him again unless miracle release its magic which I knew it never actually exist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home